Campus Map


Printable Version

Allison Hall

Constructed in 1965, and named in honor of Mr. and Mrs. M. H. Allison, this women’s residence hall is a modern three-story, fireproof building with the capacity to house 100 students. The building is centrally heated and cooled and houses a spacious and well appointed lounge and recreation area, a kitchen, laundry room, and storage and utility room.

Barker Learning Center

The Barker Learning Center was completed in the summer of 1969. It is named in honor of Dr. Horace N. Barker who served as President of Hiwassee from June 1955 until July 1980.This building is centrally located on the campus and contains fifteen classrooms, the Learning Center, an academic computer lab, and twenty-four faculty offices. The administrative offices of the College are situated on the first floor.

In addition to classrooms and offices, the structure houses an auditorium with a seating capacity of approximately 750. The auditorium contains a stage with lighting and equipment for professional productions, drama work rooms and other related facilities for an instructional program in drama.

Brock Hall

Brock Hall is a four-story fireproof structure constructed in 1951, and partially renovated in 1979. A women’s residence hall with a capacity of 96 students, Brock Hall was named in memory of Senator and Mrs. W. E. Brock.

Brunner Hall

One of the oldest buildings on campus, Brunner Hall was originally constructed in 1916, and named in honor of Dr. J. H. Brunner, the second President of Hiwassee College.

Buckner Memorial United Methodist Chapel

The Buckner Memorial Chapel, named in memory of Judge and Mrs. Thomas E. Buckner, completed in 1969, is a beautiful example of contemporary architecture. It accommodates approximately 700 in the main sanctuary. A single-story educational unit of the chapel contains the Rapking Meditation Chapel, the Lowry Fellowship Hall, classrooms, parlor, kitchen and offices.

Hardwick-Johnston Memorial Library

The Library of Hiwassee College is named in memory of the late Dr. and Mrs. C. L. Hardwick, benefactors. The Library is constantly improving and strengthening its resources and services to meet the needs of the developing program and curricula of the college. The library provides a wide range of services including instructional development, media production, and on-line computer reference.

Laycock Alumni Center

The Alumni Center is named in honor of Bill and Evelyn Laycock who served the college in various capacities for over 35 years. The Alumni Center, originally constructed in 1920, has served as the home for the President of the College and as a women’s residence hall, was completely renovated in 1991. The building is the site of numerous receptions and special events on campus. It contains meeting rooms, a kitchen, and offices for the Director of Admission and apartment-style housing for overnight guests.

Attached to the Alumni Center by a large patio is the Doak House, which is a portion of the first permanent building constructed on campus in 1850.
Ledford Equestrian CenterNamed in honor of Mr. and Mrs. L. O. Ledford, the center consists of two stable areas with stalls, tack rooms, feed and tool rooms, a wash rack and storage areas. In addition to the stables, there is a lighted outdoor riding arena and three pasture areas covering approximately fifteen acres of land.

Lundy Science Hall

Lundy Science Hall was completed in 1961. This building was made possible by funds from the Expansion Crusade and is named in honor of Dr. C. E. Lundy. It is near the center of the campus and contains classrooms and laboratories for Chemistry, Physics, Biological Sciences, Mathematics, and Agriculture. In addition, it contains lecture rooms, a conference room, computer lab, and faculty offices.

Rymer Student Life Center

Dedicated November 21, 1998, the Rymer Student Life Center has brought a new and added dimension to student life on campus. The building consists of three sections:

Rymer Dining Hall: Made possible through the generosity of the S. B. Rymer family of Cleveland, Tennessee. The building was erected in 1954 and completely renovated in 1973. The building has been completely renovated and modernized and contains the dining hall on the top level and conference rooms on the lower level.

Cregger Building: Made possible through the generosity of Kyle and Eula Cregger of Anderson County, Tennessee, is an entirely new facility that comprises the center section of the Student Life Center, housing the snack bar, post office, and student life office.

Trotter Building: Named in honor of Mr. and Mrs. J. T. Trotter of Maryville, Tennessee, was completed in 1959, as a facility for instruction in drafting, woodworking, architectural drawing, and electronics. This building houses the dental hygiene clinic and training facilities.
Tom Black HallNamed in honor of Mr. and Mrs. Tom Black, of Knoxville, this facility houses 140 male residents. This four-story, fireproof building is of concrete block and brick construction, and is centrally heated and cooled. It also contains a student lounge and recreation area, a kitchen, laundry room, and storage rooms.

The “Rudy” Youell Physical Education Center

The Physical Education Center, named in memory of D. R. Youell, was completed in December of 1965. It contains adequate facilities for a modern physical education program, including basketball court, classrooms, weight room, dressing facilities, small game rooms, and offices; it has a seating capacity in excess of 2,000.